-200 ml of freshly boiled water from the kettle
-1 teaspoon of sugar
-1 PG tips tea bag
-250 ml mug
-1 small saucepan
-1 tea strainer to pour out tea
1) Place the freshly boiled water from the kettle into the small saucepan. Place the saucepan on the cooker.
2) Put the tea bag in. Let the tea steep for 2 minutes. The water will turn dark red/brown and become frothy. If you like your tea strong, steep it for longer on a low heat.
3) Add however much milk you like to the saucepan for your required amount of milkiness regarding your tea.
4) Allow the tea to brew for an extra 2 minutes or until there is froth building up at the edges of the saucepan. If you like your tea strong, steep it for longer on a low heat.
5) Remove the tea bag using the teaspoon.
6) Using the tea strainer, pour out the tea from the saucepan into your mug. You want to use the tea strainer to get rid of the milk skin.
7) Add sugar to taste.
How to make an extra hot cup of tea the way my mum likes it
-200 ml of negative internalised feelings
-Transformative thoughts and thinking
-Your mental filter
-Self-love and self-care
1) Place 200 ml of feelings of doubt, lack of self-worth and any other negative feelings you may have towards yourself into the saucepan.
2) Realise that you are stronger than you think you are. Allow your internal scars to speak for themselves. You are a warrior. Please realise that.
3) To counteract these negative feelings, add transformative thoughts to the saucepan. It may be hard at times but look at how far you have come in life despite the odds and look ahead. You will go even further.
4) My mum’s tea needs milk to get it out of the darkness that has engulfed it completely when in the saucepan. She cannot control the amount of liquor extracted from the tea bag, but she can control how much milk she puts in. You cannot control what comes your way in life, but you can choose how to react to each individual situation.
6) My mother uses a tea strainer to get rid of the excess milk skin that has formed at the top of the tea and hardened. Clean your mind. Filter out the negative thoughts that you may have regarding yourself and more specifically, your self-worth. Realise that you have the power to change the way you see yourself, the way you see your world and everything and everyone within it.
7) My mother loves her tea sweet. Remember to love yourself first and foremost. Take care of your mind and your body mentally, emotionally and spiritually. You matter. Put yourself first, and realise your worth.